Director of Development
Fox Valley United Way CEO
$55,000 - $68,000
The Director of Development plays a key role in the mission and vision of Fox Valley United Way (FVUW) by developing and maintaining strategic relationships with donors, foundations, corporations, and others, focusing on revenue generation and retention. This individual is responsible for diversifying our donor base by recruiting new funding sources. This may include cause-related marketing collaborations, corporate sponsorships, philanthropic partnerships, and fundraising events. This position requires an entrepreneurial professional with experience building such relationships and who will thrive in an outcome-driven environment. The Director of Development must be a sophisticated communicator who can interact with various stakeholders and individuals in various positions, from foundation board members to corporate CEOs to small business owners and individuals interested in planned giving or legacy gift donations. A commitment to our mission and the passion to serve others through philanthropy is essential.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential functions of the job)
- Annual Giving Campaign
- Create and manage the implementation of resource development strategies and campaign goals to increase overall giving and annual revenues
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute effective giving strategies by identifying, contacting, meeting/presenting, and cultivating new and existing donors, and sponsorships
- Explore grant opportunities through corporations and foundations
- Provide leadership, training, and support to corporate partners to engage employees year-round through successful workplace campaigns, calls to action, and volunteer engagement
- Collaborate with the Director of Community Engagement to effectively communicate impact strategies to raise visibility and improve donor confidence
- Collaborate with the Director of Community Engagement to develop marketing strategies and materials
- Manage the update and improvement of the donor database (Andar). Track and maintain accurate donor records and prepare reports on activity throughout the year.
- Identify and secure annual corporate sponsorship that supports impact initiatives
Planned Giving and Endowment
Research and identify best practice approaches for establishing planned giving and endowment initiatives
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute effective fundraising events and experiences with specific goals and objectives for increased revenue and engagement
- Develop and coordinate practical activities and events that generate in-kind and volunteer resources
- Secure sponsorships for activities and events
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strategic Thinker – Ability to show progressive thinking, with an understanding of philanthropic trends and best practices in donor-centered fundraising.
- Relationship Cultivation – Ability to engage and influence stakeholders. Ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals or organizations.
- ?Teamwork Collaboration – Understands the importance of collective communication among the team
- Interpersonal Skills – demonstrates comfort in socializing professionally in both intimate settings and at larger social events
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and can deal with change, delays, or unexpected events
- Self-sufficient – self-directed and takes the initiative on projects
Incumbent must have a passion for working in a mission-driven organization.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience
- Background raising revenue resources, with evidence of progressive growth
- Background in coordinating fundraising events
- Understanding of philanthropic trends and best practices in donor-centered fundraising
- Excellent relationship cultivation skills, ability to engage and influence stakeholders
- Experience working with volunteers and committees
Flexibility to work occasional night and weekend hours may be required to successfully complete FVUW activities and events.
This job description is intended to convey the essential functions of this position, and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
For more information about this opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org